Valentine Heart Cookies
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
FOR THE COOKIES
2 3/4 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspalmond ectract
1 1/4 cmargarine
FOR THE FROSTING
3 cpowdered sugar
1/3 cmargarine, softened
1 1/2 tspvanilla
·assorted food colors
1 tube(s)red gel icing
How to Make Valentine Heart Cookies
- FOR THE COOKIES
- Place flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Place margarine and sugar in a large bowl. Cream together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just blended.
- Cover and chill for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface (1/4 to 1/2 inch thick)
- Cut with heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 8 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven. Let sit 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- FOR THE FROSTING
- While cookies are baking and cooling....
- In a medium bowl, mix (on low speed) the margarine and powdered sugar until just smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla and 1 tablespoon of the milk.
- Gradually stir in more milk a little at a time until frosting is smooth and spreadable.
- Divide the frosting into smaller bowls, one for each color you want to use.
- Stir in the food coloring one drop at a time until you have the color you want.
- I put my frosting in a frosting bag to make decorating the cookies easier.
- Use the red gel icing to write your messages on the cookie. I use the conversation hearts candy as inspiration.