Unbaked Cookie Dough Cookies (safe to eat raw)
Recipe is not my creation, but I am unsure of source.
- 1 c
- soft butter, no substitute
- 1 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- (6 ounce) package mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 c
- chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c
- wilton candy melts or similar chocolate coating
How to Make Unbaked Cookie Dough Cookies (safe to eat raw)
- 1Cream butter and sugar together until well mixed.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well by hand. Roll into bite-size balls.
- 2Place balls on a cookie sheet with sides or a shallow pan and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. When firm store in a plastic zip-type bag in the freezer.
When you want to eat cookies, remove what you want from freezer and let them stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Then enjoy!
- 3If you are going to serve the cookies soon after mixing them up you can chill them in the refrigerator for at least an hour. You may eat them as is or optionally dip the tops of the cookies in melted chocolate melts and serve immediately.
Cookies cannot be dipped after freezing because the chocolate melts will not stick. You cannot freeze after dipping, So only do this if you are going to eat them immediately.