★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkgbittersweet chocolate
6 Tbspunsalted butter
1/3 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 pkg(12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c(4 ounces) chopped walnuts
How to Make Ultimate double chocolate cookies
- In double boiler over hot water, melt bittersweet chocolate chips and butter.
- Place eggs and sugar in mixer bowl. attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to speed 4 and beat until thick. Reduce to stir speed and add chocolate mixture. mixed until combined, then stop and scrape bowl.
- Stir flower and baking powder together in small bowl. Continuing on stir speed, add flour mixture and semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts and mix until a thick dough forms.
- Using sheets of plastic wrap, form dough into two logs, each 2 inches long in diameter and about 12 inches long. As dough will be quite soft, use plastic wrap to hold in log shape. wrape tightly; refrigerator at least one hour or until firm.(dough can also be frozen; thaw in refrigerator before proceding with recipe.)
- Heat oven to 375 degrese. unwrap dough; with sharp knife, cut into 3/4 inch slices. places slices
1 1/2 inches apart on greased cookie pan.
Baked 12 to 14 minutes or until shine crust forms on top but interior is still soft.
cool on baking sheet; Store in air tight tin up to one week. And enjoy