Ultimate Cookie Lovers' Thumbprints
Winner of the Christmas Cookie Classic Contest
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Oh my .... this is one delicious cookie! From the intense chocolate flavors to the different textures, I couldn't stop snacking on these cookies. The cookie is soft and moist, with a bit of crunch from the nuts and mini chocolate chips. Cookie butter is the icing on top. The Test Kitchen
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 2/3 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large
- egg, separated
- 2 Tbsp
- half & half or whole milk
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/3 c
- cocoa, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- semi-sweet mini chocloate chips, divided
- 32 small
- pecan halves
- 3/4 c
- finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 c
- cookie butter or cookie spread
How to Make Ultimate Cookie Lovers' Thumbprints
- 1In a medium bowl cream together the butter & brown sugar. Beat in the egg yolk, half & half, & vanilla. Mix in the flour, cocoa, & salt until combined. Set 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips aside, then mix remaining chocolate chips into the dough.
- 2Cover dough with plastic wrap & chill for at least 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large cookie sheet. Space the pecan halves at least 2 1/2 inches apart on the sheet.
- 4Roll dough into approximately 1 inch balls. Dip tops into the egg white, & then into the chopped pecans. Place one ball of dough, nut side up, over each pecan half. Gently press centers with a thumb or back of a teaspoon.
- 5Bake for 9-12 minutes or just until set but still soft. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6Spoon the cookie butter into a plastic zip top bag. Snip off the corner & pipe into the indentations. Sprinkle with reserved chocolate chips.