How to Make Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended then beat in egg.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended, then stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies (they will look light and moist-do not overbake), 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet and remove to cooling rack.