Ultimate Apple Pie Cookies
To make it even more amazing, have these with a side of some vanilla ice cream :o)
- apple, golden delicious, peeled and diced
- 2 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 c
- extra pinches of cinnamon and brown sugar for topping
How to Make Ultimate Apple Pie Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350*. Peel and dice the apple (dice in varying sizes; make some tiny and some a little bigger).
- 2In a mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- 3In a separate bowl, beat with a mixer the butter and sugar. Add egg, vanilla and milk. Beat until all incorporated.
- 4Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- 5Stir in apple. Drop spoonfulls into buttered baking pan. With fingers, push some "just a pinch's" of brown sugar on top of each cookie, and sprinkle cinnamon on top of that.
- 6Bake 8-10 minutes until edges are slightly browned and centers are still soft. If you drop cookies down by two spoonfulls instead of one, bake for 12-15 minutes. I made one batch with the larger size and they took longer, but were warm and big and tasty! Enjoy!