"Twix" Cookie Cups
I couldn't keep him out of the kitchen! "Are they done yet?" is a phrase I never want to hear again!
Luckily these turned out great and he wasn't disappointed. The lack of leftover cookies attests to that!
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- 3/4 c
- 1 tsp
- 2 tsp
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- granulated white sugar
- 5 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 8-12 oz
- milk chocolate
How to Make "Twix" Cookie Cups
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees and lightly grease a min-muffin pan.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter about 30 seconds so it is smooth. Add sugar, salt and vanilla and beat until light and almost fluffy.
Beat in flour about 1/2 cup at a time. Mix should be crumbly.
- 3Add the dough to the greased muffin cups so it is slightly heaping. Press it into the cups so it lines the entire cup but doesn't overflow the cup and has an indentation on the center.
Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool in the muffin pan for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a cookie rack to cool.
- 4Prepare the caramel while the cookies are cooling.
Put the sugar in a heavy bottomed pan on medium to medium high heat. Stir constantly while it melts until it boils. Do NOT stir until sugar turns dark amber in color. When it reaches this color, stir in butter until it is melted and take off heat.
Carefully add heavy cream, whisk the caramel mixture until it is smooth. Let it cool for a few minutes.
**If you don't want to deal with making your own caramel, in a double boiler melt down soft caramel candies. I haven't tried this method yet so I can only guess it would take about 20-24 candies.**
- 5Fill each cookie cup with caramel and set them aside to finish cooling and let the caramel settle.
- 6In a double boiler, melt your chocolate, and stir until smooth. When the chocolate is cool enough, put it in a piping bag with a tiny hole at bottom for drizzling.
Drizzle chocolate over each cookie cup or if you melted enough chocolate, put enough to cover the top of the caramel on each cookie cup.
Store airtight if any survive!
- 7Next time I do these I am curious to try them with leftover caramels from my Rum-Caramel Chocolates.