★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 csifted flour
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 ozunsweetened chocolate
1 csifted confectioners' sugar
How to Make Turtle Cookies
- Resift flour with soda and salt.
- Cream 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar together thoroughly.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Stir in vanilla and add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Arrange pecan halves in groups of 3 or 5 on greased baking sheets to resemble head and legs of turtle.
- Roll rounded teaspoons of dough into balls.
- Press lightly onto nuts so tips of nuts show.
- Bake at 350 for 10 to 13 minutes, then cool.
- Meanwhile, to make frosting, combine chocolate, milk and 1 tablespoon butter in top of double boiler.
- Cook over simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and beat in powdered sugar until smooth and glossy, adding more sugar if needed. Frost top of cookies.
- Frost top of cookies.