TURKEY SUGAR COOKIES
- 1 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 2 c
- white sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla and almond extracts (use both)
- 5 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- chocolate chips, melt'd
- bag of candy corn
- yellow icing (or mix conf.sugar ,a drop of milk and yellow food coloring)
- tube of mini mm's
OR USE YOUR OWN FAVORITE SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE!
TIME TO HAVE FUN AND DECORATE!
How to Make TURKEY SUGAR COOKIES
- 1In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla n almond extracts. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover n refrigerate for atleast one hour to overnight.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out dough on floured surface (I used powdered sugar...I like my sugar cookies SWEET) Cut 2 1/2-3 inches in diam.circles (just use glass with this size opening) and a 1/4-1/2 inch thickness.
- 3Place cookies on ungreased (I used parchment paper lined) cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes. Let cool then time to decorate! FUN TIME!
- 4melt 1 cup of choc.chips n put in corner of sandwich bag n cut small slit on corner ... pipe on outer edge of cookie 1/2 way around. Place candy corn over chocolate for feathers. Pipe yellow icing onto each cookie to resemble beak n feet. Use mini mm's for eyes use tiny dab of melt'd choc.to adhere.tiniest dab w/toothpick of melt'd chocolate for pupil. Cool to harden n dry.....ENJOY! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!