Tom Thumb Cookie Bars
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 largeeggs, beaten
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 cnuts, chopped
How to Make Tom Thumb Cookie Bars
- Combine shortening,salt, and 1/2 cup brown sugar in large mixing bowl and cream together. Add 1 cup flour and mix together.
- Spread mixture in large (13- x 9-inch) greased baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes or until delicately browned.
- In a medium mixing bowl comin remaining 1 cup brown sugar, vanilla and eggs, beating until thick and foamy. Add 2 tablespoons flour, baking powder, coconut, and nuts. Stir until well blended.
- Spread coconut mixture over baked mixture. Return to 325 degree oven and bake 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares to serve.