Toffee cookies with dark chocolate glaze
These cookies are sweet and rich the perfect foil for an intense layer of dark chocolate.Source: Unknown
How to Make Toffee cookies with dark chocolate glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and Brown sugar. Add the egg yolks one at a time and mix well.
- Mix the flour and salt in a small bowl, then add the flour mixture to the butter -- sugar mixture, mixing until well combined.
- Shape the dough into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut with decorative cookie cutters. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes until the edges are Golden Brown. Let cool completely on the baking sheets.
- Bring water to a simmer in a double boiler or set up a heatproof bowl over a small pan with water simmering in the bottom. Melt the chocolate over the simmering water. When the cookies are cool, spread them gently with a thin layer of melted chocolate. Before the chocolate dries, sprinkle lightly with the pecans and a few grains of fleur de sel. Let the chocolate set. The cookies will keep an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.