Toffee Chocolate Kiss
I show 3 ways in the photo, but the upside down Kiss doesn't work so well, as you can see in the photo, the dough pulls away from the kiss as it bakes and just don't look so nice...so ignore that one. lol
*Okay, nevermind, it was pointed out to me that the upside down kiss would be great for shipping purposes, like to our troops abroad. Great Idea!!
This cookie is so good, my favorite cookie creation this year!
It is a spin off of one of Paula Deens Recipes
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- 1 scant c
- 1 tsp
- 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- toffee bits
- 1/2 c
- pecans, chopped, optional
- hersey kisses, unwrapped
How to Make Toffee Chocolate Kiss
- 2In a large bowl, beat butter at medium speed until creamy, add sugar, beating well, add vanilla mixing well.
- 4Step 4 - #1 - For Kiss on top of cookie.
Shape dough into 1-1 1/2" balls, squeeze dough together and then roll into a ball. If it breaks apart, squeeze together again then roll. Place onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just starts to brown along bottom edge. Remove from oven, immediately press Kiss into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling racks.
- 5Step 4 - #2 - For Kiss inside of cookie.
Shape dough into 1 1/2" balls, squeezing dough together and then rolling, push a Kiss, tip first into the ball, using a little more dough to cover bottom if needed. Roll again, gently to make nice ball shape. Place onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just starts to brown along bottom edge. Cool on pan 2 minutes, then remove from cookie sheet to cooling racks.
- 6TIPS: I had mentioned in the above note, about turning your kiss upside down makes for an ugly cookie...than a Just a Pinch member, Carol Harpel/Kitzer mentioned that doing that makes for easier shipping to our troops overseas or any shipping for that matter...Wonderful Idea!!!
ANOTHER TIP: Member Jill Hanses mentioned spreading the kiss over the top, another Wonderful Idea!!!
To do this I would remove cookies from oven, place kiss on top of each cookie, then remove cookies to cooling racks. Wait 10ish minutes (the heat from the cookie will melt the chocolate) then spread chocolate over top. Allow to cool and set up. You can place in frig or freezer to hurry the chocolate back to a solid state.