Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
2 clight brown sugar, firmly packed
2 c(4 sticks) of butter or margarine at room temp.
2 4-ozbars of milk chocolate, broken in pieces
1 cchopped walnuts or pecans
How to Make Toffee Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together the sugar and butter or margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks and vanilla. Stir in the flour and salt.
- Spread the dough in a greased 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, 25-30 minutes. The texture will be soft.
- Remove from the oven and immediately place the chocolate pieces on the hot cookie base. Let stand until the chocolate softens, then spread it evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle with nuts.
- While still warm, cut into bars about 2 X 1-1/2 inches.