Three-Layer No-Bake Bar Cookies
Recipe was originally gotten from Better homes and garden but I made some minor adjustments in the ingredients to be more for my liking and this is their picture from the internet to show you what they look like until I can make them again.
1/2 cmargarine or butter
1/4 cunsweetened cocoa powder
1 largeegg, lightly beaten
1 tspvanilla extract
2 cfinely crushed graham cracker crumbst
1 cflaked coconut
1/2 cchopped nuts (i like walnuts)
2 tspinstant coconut pudding mix
1/2 cmargarine or butter, softened
2 cpowdered sugar
1/4 cmargarine or butter
1 cmilk chocolate chips
·coconut for garnishment ; optional
How to Make Three-Layer No-Bake Bar Cookies
- Prepare a 13x9x2" pan with foil, extending foil over the pan edges. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1/2 cup butter over low heat until melted.
- Stir in sugar, cocoa powder, and egg.Heat up over medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until blended and slightly thickened (160°), whisking constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs, coconut, and nuts until well mixed. Press mixture into prepared pan and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- For middle layer :
In a small bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the 1/2 cup softened butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat the pudding mixture into the butter until mixed all together . Beat in 2 cups powdered sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled crust layer in pan ; cover and chill for 30 minutes or until pudding is set.
- For the top layer :
Mix 1/4 cup butter with the chocolate chips and place in the micro on 50% power for 45 to 60 sec. stirring every 20-30 sec. Let cool slightly and pour over the cookie bars and spread out evenly , lightly sprinkle the melted chocolate with coconut and refrigerate until cooled.
- Lift the chilled bar from the pan and cut into squares , should make 48 bars depending on how big you cut them.
- TO STORE :
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.