Thin Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
I made mine with vegan margarine, gluten free chocolate chips and used Xylitol instead of the white sugar and they worked out perfect.
1/2 cfirmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cgranulated sugar
1 call purpose baking mix
3/4 tspbaking soda
1 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cchopped pecans (optional)
How to Make Thin Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 300'F.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Make sure you blend the mixture very well. Beat in 3 tablespoons of water and the vanilla. Make sure the mixture is again well mixed. Scrape the sides down often.
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir or beat the dry mixture into the butter sugar mixture. Beat until very well incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans if using.
- These are quite sticky so I used a tablespoon to measure the batter and a smaller spoon to scoop it out and put on my silpat sheets on my 12"x15" baking tray.
- Make sure the cookies are at the very least 2 inches apart, they spread a lot.
- When done remove from the oven and cool the cookies on the tray for at least 5 minutes. These cookies can fall apart if you move them while they are warm. Then, with a metal spatula remove to a wire rack to cool further.
- I have a little fan in my kitchen and turn it on when I have items to cool. It works great and speeds up the cooling time.