Thimble Cookies with Guava Jam
How to Make Thimble Cookies with Guava Jam
- Leave butter out a lttle while. Then in your mixer cream butter with the sugar until creamy. next add the egg yolks and pinch of salt and vanilla.
- Next add your sifted flour little by little until all is well incorporated into the butter and egg mixture. Refrigerate for one hour or more.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
After one hour or more pull out your cookie dough and pinch a small amount and roll little 1 & 1/2 inch balls in the palm of your hand. You may want to dust your hands a little with flour so the dough does not stick to your hands. Set your little dough balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet. After making the little balls with your thumb push a little hole in each dough ball. Next with a small spoon put a drop of guava jam or your favorite jam in each little hole. Bake for 16 minutes.
- I am going to try Kathleen's Erbes homemade jam in these cookies this weekend. I am sure they will be triple awsome. I am going to use both her jam recipes. Enjoy everybody
- Cookies Pictured above my 8year old grandaughter Gabriella helped me bake these today. This is the kind of cookie you can get your children to help out with. She insisted on dropping in the guava preserves in the little hole made in each cookie. I could not say no. As you can see they are not the neatest drop of preserve on each cookie. She was so proud of her work she is going to love to bake. I enjoy involving my granchildren in the kitchen. LOL enjoy