The Samels Carbarnes Family Adventures
- 1 cut butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 7 oz. pkg. shredded sweetened coconut
How to Make The Samels Carbarnes Family Adventures
- 1Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Put butter and sugar in 2 quart pan and whisk to mix. Add dates and place pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring with a wooden spoon and remove from heat.
- 3Mix milk and eggs in small bowl. Add 1/3 cup of hot date mixture and whisk quickly to temper eggs. Return egg mixture to pan and stir briskly. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring with wooden spoon.Boil 2 minutes. Remove mixture from heat. Add salt and vanilla
- 4Put walnuts and crispy rice cereal in large bowl. Add date mixture and stir to mix. Allow to cool. When cool enough to handle, scoop dough by the tablespoonful and roll into balls. Roll balls in coconut and place on prepared baking sheet. Adventures will firm up while standing. Place in fluted paper cups and serve. Store between sheets of wax paper in covered pan.