THE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
1 lbbutter, soft but not too soft
2 cdark brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 cgranulated sugar
2 Tbspreal vanilla extract (not imitation-i use mexican vanilla )
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspsalt
6 call purpose flour
24 ozreal semi-sweet chocolate chips or pieces
2 cwalnuts or pecans, chopped
How to Make THE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
- Cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla, eggs, chips and nuts. In a separate bowl, blend thoroughly the flour, salt and baking soda with a sifter or a whisk. Add dry ingedients to the wet ingredients. If you have a Kitchenaid, use it. This is alot of dough. Mix just until all is combined. Do not over mix as it makes the cookies tough.
- Scoop out balls of dough using an ice cream scoop. These cookies are supposed to be BIG. However, I have used mini chips or mini m&ms, etc. and made them small with no problem.
- Make your balls of dough uniform in size and spaced at least 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. I use light colored, air-cushioned cookie sheets. If you don't have access to them, I suggest that you line the darker sheets with foil-the shiny side down, and dull side up.
- Bake medium to large sized cookies for 10 minutes (or 12 minutes if they are absolutely huge). Cool cookies on sheet for 5 minutes before removing to cool on a cooling rack. Store in a plastic bag or air tight container.
- This dough is very versatile. I've useed all kinds of combinations of chips,nuts,coconut, m&ms and have used chopped up candy bars as well. They all work out wonderfully!