THE BEST PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- 3/4 c
- skippy peanut butter(or any quality peanut butter)
- 1/2 c
- crisco shortening
- 1 1/4 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed(i use light brown sugar)
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 c
- ap flour
- 3/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 3/4 tsp
How to Make THE BEST PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- 1Heat oven to 350*
- 2In large bowl,combine peanut butter,shortening,brown sugar,milk,and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- 3Add Egg and beat JUST until blended.
- 4Combine flour, baking soda,and salt.
- 5Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture.
- 6Mix JUST until blended on low speed.
- 7I roll the dough into small balls about the size of a walnut (but you can just drop by rounded tablespoons).
- 8Use a fork dipped frequently in either water or granulated sugar to flatten dough slightly making a criss-cross pattern with the tines of the fork.
- 9Bake one baking sheet at a time for 7-10 minutes(depending on your oven it varies)...watch them though because you want them to JUST set...never more than SLIGHTLY BEGINNING to brown.