THE BEST PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
3/4 cskippy peanut butter(or any quality peanut butter)
1/2 ccrisco shortening
1 1/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed(i use light brown sugar)
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1 3/4 cap flour
3/4 tspbaking soda
How to Make THE BEST PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- Heat oven to 350*
- In large bowl,combine peanut butter,shortening,brown sugar,milk,and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add Egg and beat JUST until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda,and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture.
- Mix JUST until blended on low speed.
- I roll the dough into small balls about the size of a walnut (but you can just drop by rounded tablespoons).
- Use a fork dipped frequently in either water or granulated sugar to flatten dough slightly making a criss-cross pattern with the tines of the fork.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time for 7-10 minutes(depending on your oven it varies)...watch them though because you want them to JUST set...never more than SLIGHTLY BEGINNING to brown.