The Best Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 3/4 c
- 1 c
- packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2 c
- quick cooking oats
- 2 c
- semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
How to Make The Best Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- 2Combine flour and baking soda in a bowl.
- 3Beat together shortening, sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- 4Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in the quick cooking oats then add chocolate chips.
- 5Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8-9 minutes or til golden (or until they smell tasty.) Let stand a minute in pan before transferring to a cookie rack.