The best chocolate chip cookies ever!!
As a side note I use splenda brown sugar and also a splend/sugar mixture in mine. And I only use one package of chocolate chips.
★★★★★ 2 votes5
3 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
2/3 cbutter or margarine
1 cbrown sugar, lightly packed
1-2 pkgchocolate chips
1 cchopped nuts (optional)
How to Make The best chocolate chip cookies ever!!
- Preheat oven to 375F. (use and ungreased cookie sheet)
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat shortening, butter or margarine and sugars until smooth and creamy. Beat eggs, one at a time until incorporated. Stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture and mix well. Fold chocolate chips and nuts if using. Place dough in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart. If making several sheets and all do not fit into oven place extra dough and or sheets with dough on them in refrigerator until ready to do into oven. This helps the cookies to form nice little balls instead of going super flat.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Let sit on pan for a few minutes and then place on wire racks to cool.
- Enjoy the cookies!!