The Basic Vegan Sugar Cookie
These are good also if their is just the 2 of you. You can cut off a few to bake and keep the dough in the freezer till you need more to curb that sweet tooth.
5 corganic unbleached flour
4 tspbob's red mill baking powder
2 csugar organic white sugar
1/2 calmond milk, soy milk, or soy milk creamer
1 Tbsporganic vanilla, almond, coconut or lemon extract
13 ozcarton of whipped organic earth balance buttery spread
·measuring cups & spoons
How to Make The Basic Vegan Sugar Cookie
- cream the Earth Balance and sugar together until light and fluffy.Add baking powder to mixture and beat till incorporated.
- Add 1/2 cup of almond milk, soy milk, or soy milk creamer.Add vanilla or your favorite organic flavored extract.Slowly add flour until blended... do not over process.(a stand mixer is great for this part. But if you don't have one use a wooden spoon and your hands don't be shy"
- The Basic Vegan Sugar Cookie Dough needs to be refrigerated.
Roll the dough in the bowl into a large log shape and wrap with parchment paper.
- Add a layer of plastic wrap and carefully seal it and lay on a shelf in your refrigerator.
"This log can also be frozen for use at another time."
- Pre-heat over to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the dough log from the refrigerator and remove the coverings.Slice 1/4 inch thick circles and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.Bake the Vegan Sugar Cookies until a light brown is seen on the edges.You can make several logs from one batch so that you create smaller circle cookies.
If you want to use a cookie cutter, let the dough sit for 10 minutes before rolling.Cut the log in half and roll out the dough to 1/4" height and cut the shapes desired.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until edges are just starting to turn a pale brown. After the cookies have cooled on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, use a spatula and lift them onto a cake rack to cool completely.
- The logs will be just like those refrigerator cookie rolls sold in the markets, but yours will be vegan!