Other than that, super easy and very colorful and festive dessert to have for Thanksgiving.
I can't wait to see their faces and tell them the whole turkey is edible. hehe
One of my really close friends gave me 3 of these little cook books for my birthday and this one is called Cookie Bouquets.
- 1 c
- butterscotch chips or chocolate
- 1/2 c
- peanut butter
- 4 c
- crisp rice cereal
- 36 to 40
- wafer cookies (vanilla, strawberry & chocolate)
- 20 to 24
- miniature chocolate chip cookies
- nutter butter cookie (available in a snack size)
- candy corn
- miniature brown m & m candies or 2 chocolate chips
- 1 can(s)
- white or whatever color you have of ready to use icing
- red writing icing (not gel) or whatever you have to make gobbler
- 1 box
- flat toothpicks but any will do
- serving plate (11" to 12")
- addtional cany corn, optional
NO-BAKE CRISPY PEANUT BUTTER TREATS ---FOR THE EDIBLE BASE
FOR THE REST OF THE TURKEY
How to Make Thanksgiving Gobbler
- 1Use this mixture for the edible base:No-Bake Crispy Peanut Butter Treats ---
In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butterscotch chips and peanut butter. Microwave on high for 60 seconds. Stir & cook again unitl chips melt and mixture is blended and smooth. Add rice cereal and stir until well coated. Press into prepared pan or mold with hands to desired shape. Chill in refrigerator or freezer for at least 30 minutes before use.
(Prepare with buttered hands, mold mixture on waxed paper to create a slightly oval mound about 6" long and 4"high in the center. Pack firmly. chill in freezer for about 30 minutes.)
- 2Prepare cookies: Insert a toothpick into the end of each wafer cookie, at least 1" deep. Make 12 to 14 of each color. Decorate the turkey's head on the Nutter Butter cookie. Attach the brown M & M eyes with a drop of white icing. Cut off the yellow portion of a candy corn and attach the cut end beneath eyes with icing to make the beak. Use red or pink writing icing to draw a waddle and outline the cookie, if desired. Let icing dry.
- 3Assemble head and neck.
Cut 1 vanilla wafer cookie in half. Insert a toothpick half into the end of each cookie piece for turkey's neck. Press toothpicks into a piece of Styrofoam, placing cookies side by side and making cut edges even on top for the neck. Attach turkey's head to top of neck with white icing; let dry.
- 4Attach turkey's tail feather and head.
Remove waxed paper from cereal base and transfer base to a serving plate. Starting at the top of ereal base, just past the center point, gently push toothpicks with wafer cookies into base. Alternate colors randomly and fan the cookies to look like feathers as shown. Fill the entire back side of turkey. Remove neck/head from foam and gently push toothpicks on neck/head into center of cereal base as shown.