THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES, MOM & GRAM! - JAMMIE COOKIES
Jo Anne Sugimoto
Mom and Gram used to call it "Jammie Cookies"! Thanks for the memories, Mom and Gram! Love you!!!
How to Make THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES, MOM & GRAM! - JAMMIE COOKIES
- 1In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour and salt, cut in the butter until crumbly.
- 3Stir in the yeast, eggs and whipping cream.
- 4Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Place in a greased bowl, turn greased side up. Cover, refrigerate until firm, about 6 hours or overnight.
- 6Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 7Roll out dough, 1/2 at a time, on sugared surface to 1/8 of an inch thickness.
- 8Cut into 3-inch squares and put a teaspoon of preserves in the center of each square.
- 9Bring up two opposite corners to the center and pinch together tightly to seal then fold to one side and pinch again to seal.
- 10Place then an inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 11Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 12Makes about 5 dozen.