"Texas Style Chocolate Chip Cookies"
- 6 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 lb
- (4 cubes) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 c
- dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 24 oz
- pure semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 c
- nuts, chopped (your choice, walnuts or pecans)
- 2 Tbsp
- pure vanilla extract (i use mexican vanilla or madagascar bourbon vanilla)
How to Make "Texas Style Chocolate Chip Cookies"
- 1In a large bowl, sift or whisk thoroughly together the first 3 ingredients, then set aside.
- 2In your electric mixer bowl (if you have a Kitchen-Aide you will WANT to use it!)cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- 3In a smaller bowl,lightly beat the eggs. Add the vanilla, chips and nuts. Add this mixture to the butter mixture and combine well.
- 4Carefully add the flour mixture beating slowly to avoid splattering all around you. This makes a lot of dough, and you don't want to over beat, or spill it all out. Add as much as you can at once, scrape the sides and bottom periodically to ensure that you get all of it in there from the sides and the bottom. BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVER MIX, HOWEVER, BECAUSE TOO MUCH MIXING MAKES FOR TOUGH COOKIES.
- 5Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Roll dough into 2" balls (you can use a cookie scoop or small ice cream scoop for this if you have one. Try to keep the cookies uniform in size and shape.
- 6Place them on ungreased cookie sheets, and flatten each cookie (to about 3/8" height) gently with the palm of your hand. Bake for 12-14 minutes (for big ones, and 10 minutes for smaller ones) or until barely set and light brown around the edges.
- 7Remove from the oven. Leave on the cookie sheet to cool about 5 minutes, before removing to cooling racks to cool completely.
- 8These cookies will not only make you everyone's favorite for the day (if not for a lifetime) but also make fancy, schmancy gifts... if you are successful in achieving uniformity; these will not only taste and smell out of this world, they will easily look very professional, and make an impressive and delightsome gift!
- 9BTW, This recipe can be bent to accomodate individual creativity. Try them with M&Ms, w/ or w/o nuts, White or Chocolate Chips and dried fruit, White Chocolate Chips, Coconut & Macadamia nuts, chopped Rolos, chopped Snickers or almost any quality candy bar (not nerds, etc.!) peanut butter cups, etc., etc., etc. Have fun!