Terrie's Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
Don't overcook them ... they will be moist and chewy and tender!
1 3/4 stickbutter, room temperature (1 stick, plus 6 tbsp.)
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cwhite granulated sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 call-purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
3/4 tspground cinnamon
1/4 tspsalt [optional]
2 1/3 coats, quick cooking or regular (not instant)
2/3 ccrushed raisin bran cereal
1/2 cred raisins
1/2 cgolden raisins
How to Make Terrie's Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
- Soften butter to room temp. Let eggs warm to room temp.
When ready to mix cookie dough, pre-heat oven to 350°.
Use an UNGREASED cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars together on medium speed, until creamy.
Add eggs & vanilla extract; beat well. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt.
Stir the oats, raisin bran, and both kinds of raisins into the flour mixture and blend well. I use a large whisk, to break apart the sticky raisins and to make sure the flour and oats are well mixed.
- Using a heavy wooden spoon, combine the flour mixture w/ the butter mixture. Work them together until well blended. Don't add any extra fluids. It will be stiff. Keep working at it ... they WILL blend together nicely, if you have a good heavy stirring utensil (and a big strong man to stir for you, if you need him to! ha!) Just keep incorporating the ingredients, making sure you scrape up all the stuff on the bottom of the bowl and get it all mixed in there.
- Drop dough by tablespoonsful onto an UNGREASED cookie sheet, about 2" apart.
Bake 10 minutes, or until light golden brown.
Cool for ONE MINUTE on the cookie sheet to allow sugars to harden a bit, then use a small spatula to remove cookies to a wire rack. Cool completely.
Store in a tightly covered container, to maintain chewiness and freshness.
Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies.