Originally called "Mama Reeds Southern Tea Cakes"- From SouthernPlate.com
I haven't tried these yet, but certainly look like one that will be well worth it.
- 1 c
- butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 c
- white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 c
- self-rising flour
How to Make Tea Cakes
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper & set aside.
- 2Cream butter or margarine with sugar & vanilla until fluffy.
Add eggs, mixing in each one well.
Stir in flour being careful not to over mix.
- 3Roll out on lightly floured table, cut out shapes with cookie cutter or glass dipped lightly in flour.
- 4Place cookies on cookie sheet & bake 10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly golden brown.
- 5Sprinkle with colored sugar or sanding sugar before baking or once baked & cooled, frost with favorite frosting.