They've been around for years, and are always a favorite. Once you try them with raw sugar, you'll be hooked!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- sleeve plus a few saltine crackers
- 1 stick
- 1 c
- raw sugar (can substitute brown sugar)
- 1 1/2 c
- semi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Tailgate Toffees
- 1Preheat oven to 350 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Line Saltines on sheet in a single layer, breaking as necessary to make sure entire surface is covered.
- 2In a medium saucepan, melt butter and sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- 3Continue to cook (mixture should bubble) for 5 minutes, then carefully pour over Saltines and gently spread until covered.
- 4Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes and remove. Carefully sprinkle the chocolate chips on top in a single layer and return pan to oven for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 5Remove pan from oven and use a spatula to gently spread the chocolate over the toffee. Carefully transfer lifting the foil to a cool sheet and place in fridge for approx 30 minutes until set.
- 6When set, break into cookie-sized pieces and store in an airtight container.
- 7These are also great with chopped nuts sprinkled on top before the chocolate sets!