1egg yolk, reserve white
3/4 csour cream, imo is the best to use
1/2 cchopped nuts (i use walnuts, but u can use your favorite type of nut)
1 cpowdered sugar
1/4 tspvanilla extract
1egg white, beaten
How to Make Swiss Butterhorns
- Measure Flour and Salt into Bowl.
Cut in Margarine.
stir in sour cream and egg yolk.
- Shape dough into ball and wrap in waxed paper.
mix your sugar, nuts, and cinnamon together to use the next day.
- Pre~heat oven to 375*
On lightly floured surface,
Divide into 3 parts.
roll each piece into 12 inch circles.
- Spread with your Cinnamon/nut mixture.
Cut each circle into pie shaped wedges.
start at wide edge and roll up like you would a crescent roll.
- once they are rolled place on greased baking sheet with point underneath.
Bake for 20~25 minutes
Remove from oven and frost.
- Make your frosting while they bake. mixing your powdered sugar, vanilla, egg white.