Sweet Toffee Cookies
I usually half the recipe with just the two of us.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Oatmeal, coconut AND toffee? Yes, please! These cookies have quickly become a bake sale and snack-time favorite. The Test Kitchen
1 cbutter (2 sticks)
2 clight brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tspvanilla extract
1 3/4 cflour
1 tspbaking soda
3 coats, regular
1 1/3 ctoffee bits
1/2 ccoconut, flaked
How to Make Sweet Toffee Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease cookie pans lightly.
- In a large bowl, beat well: the butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to the bowl a third at a time and blend in.
- Add the oats, toffee bits and coconut, beat slowly just until the ingredients are mixed well or stir with a spoon.
- Using a teaspoon create rounded teaspoon dough balls and drop onto cookie pan leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake 8 minutes, approximately. My current oven takes only 7 minutes.
They are done when they start to turn brown around the edges.
- Cool them for one minute only and move to a wire rack.
Cool a bit more, they are good warm with milk!