Sweet Toffee Cookies
I usually half the recipe with just the two of us.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Oatmeal, coconut AND toffee? Yes, please! These cookies have quickly become a bake sale and snack-time favorite. The Test Kitchen
- 1 c
- butter (2 sticks)
- 2 c
- light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 c
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 c
- oats, regular
- 1 1/3 c
- toffee bits
- 1/2 c
- coconut, flaked
How to Make Sweet Toffee Cookies
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease cookie pans lightly.
- 2In a large bowl, beat well: the butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- 3Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to the bowl a third at a time and blend in.
- 4Add the oats, toffee bits and coconut, beat slowly just until the ingredients are mixed well or stir with a spoon.
- 5Using a teaspoon create rounded teaspoon dough balls and drop onto cookie pan leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- 6Bake 8 minutes, approximately. My current oven takes only 7 minutes.
They are done when they start to turn brown around the edges.
- 7Cool them for one minute only and move to a wire rack.
Cool a bit more, they are good warm with milk!