Sweet Potato & Cookie Casserole
I incorporated cookies, crushed pecans, maple syrup and spices to this dish... adding marshamallows in between and ontop of the layers of sweet potatoes.
The flavors married so nicely together this has become a family MUST HAVE!!!
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!!!
- 3 lb
- sweet potatoes - boiled, skinned and sliced
- 3/4 c
- pecans chopped
- 3 1/2 c
- mini marshmallows *reserve 1-1/2 cups for topping*
- 1 c
- maple syrup
- 2 c
- cookies - (i used pecan sandies in this recipe)
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- clove, ground
- 1/4 tsp
- dried ginger
How to Make Sweet Potato & Cookie Casserole
- 1Start by adding your cookies in a ziplock bag. Using a rolling pin, crush the cookies as best as you can. If there is larger pieces still in there, no worries. Add your crushed cookies in a bowl. Add your spices, brown sugar and mix thoroughly.
In a 13 x 9 pan, spray with nonstick baking spray. Add about 1/4 c or so of your cookie mixture to bottom of your pan.