Sweet Brownie Cookies
I first made these cookies as a project for my Science of Baking class in culinary school. I fell in love with them and enjoy them best with a cold cup of milk!
Visit my food blog at www.itsyummi.com
8 ozchocolate, unsweetened
2 stickbutter, unsalted
2 1/2 csugar
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 1/3 call purpose flour
1/2 cpecans, in pieces
3 Tbspconfectioners' sugar
How to Make Sweet Brownie Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (300 convection)
- Whip the eggs and sugar with a paddle mixer attachment for 10 minutes.
- While the eggs/sugar are mixing, melt chocolate and butter together over a double boiler.
- Add the melted chocolate and vanilla extract to the eggs. By hand, stir in the flour and nuts. DON'T OVERMIX!
- Using a #24 scoop (3 Tablespoons), drop the cookies onto a greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Cool completely and dust with confectioner's sugar, if desired.