Sweet Brownie Cookies
I first made these cookies as a project for my Science of Baking class in culinary school. I fell in love with them and enjoy them best with a cold cup of milk!
Visit my food blog at www.itsyummi.com
- 8 oz
- chocolate, unsweetened
- 2 stick
- butter, unsalted
- 5 large
- 2 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- pecans, in pieces
- 3 Tbsp
- confectioners' sugar
How to Make Sweet Brownie Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (300 convection)
- 2Whip the eggs and sugar with a paddle mixer attachment for 10 minutes.
- 3While the eggs/sugar are mixing, melt chocolate and butter together over a double boiler.
- 4Add the melted chocolate and vanilla extract to the eggs. By hand, stir in the flour and nuts. DON'T OVERMIX!
- 5Using a #24 scoop (3 Tablespoons), drop the cookies onto a greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake for 16-18 minutes.
- 6Cool completely and dust with confectioner's sugar, if desired.