★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cplus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
12 tspbaking soda
3/4 cbutter, softened
1 cbrown sugar, light
1egg, at room temperature
1egg yolk, at room temperature
2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 ccrushed ruffled potato chips
1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cchopped heath bars, or heath bar bit o brickle baking pieces
How to Make Sweet And Salty Potato Chip Toffee Cookies
- preheat oven to 325.
- mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- with electric mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together.
- add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix well.
- gradually add the flour mixture and stir until a dough forms (may take a couple minutes of stirring).
- fold in the potato chips, chocolate chips and toffee. do not over mix the dough at any point in the process.
- chill dough for at least 30 minutes or up to 5 days covered in the refrigerator.
- drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. press a few more add ins onto the top for decoration.
- bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- the centers should appear very soft and puffy. let cool completely.
- make sure to keep dough cold at all times while the batches are baking.