Swedish Mandel Skorper
- 3 c
- 2 tsp
- baking powder (just a little rounding)
- 1/2 c
- 1 stick butter
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 & 1/2 or cream
- 3 large
- 1 1/2 tsp
- almond extract
- 1/4 c
- almonds, chopped ( do you like nutmeats ?)
How to Make Swedish Mandel Skorper
- 1Mix all ingredients thoroughly:
3 cups of flour add 2 tsp baking powder set aside.
Soften butter so sugar will dissolve easily
adding cream then one egg at a time.
Add B.P. and flour mixture slowly beating with each addition. Add almond extract and nuts. Mix well.
**Nuts are not necessary.
- 2On a floured board with floured hands make 2 long thin loaves . Dough will be very soft. Place on a cookie sheet.
Do not grease cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until golden edge.
The dough will expand into two very nice loaves. They may touch that is okay.
- 3Reset Oven to 200 degrees.
Cut rusks 1/2 inch thick while hot.
Then return to the oven. Bake till lightly brown for 1 hour. ( a very slow oven) I take time to separate rusks allowing all sides to bake evenly. I set rusks on top of others making space between the rusks.
- 4Remove to cool, then place in metal can to store.
"Can" represents what was available in Sweden.