★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 cenriched flour, sifted
1 tspdouble-acting baking powder
1 Tbspcold water
3 Tbspalmonds, blanched, finely chopped
How to Make Swedish Cocoa Butter Sticks
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa.
- Cream butter and gradually add sugar until mixed well.
- In a separate dish beat egg slightly. Reserving 1 TBS. Add egg (except for the reserved) to the creamed butter mixture.
- Blend in dry ingredients gradually. Chill 2 hours for easy handling.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into four parts; mold rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls. Place 4" apart on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten to 1/4" thickness with fork that has been dipped in flour to prevent from sticking. Smooth dough at edges to form straight sides.
- Blend together cold water with reserved egg; brush lightly over shaped cookies.
- Combine blanched almonds and sugar; sprinkle over cookie.
- Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes until set, but not browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet.