By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
1/2 cshortening, softened
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 tspalmond extract
1.25 csifted all purpose flour
3/4 coats, quick or old-fashioned, uncooked
How to Make Sugar Crisps
- Beat shortening and sugars together until creamy.
- Blend in egg and flavorings.
- Dissolve soda in vinegar and add to creamed mixture.
- Sift together flour and salt and stir in oats.
- For ease in handling, chill dough about 1 hour.
- Shape to form 1-inch balls.
- Place on ungreased cooky sheets and flatten with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes.