"Sugar" Cookies (diabetic friendly)
3/4 csplenda/truvia/ or other artificial sweetner
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspvanilla or almond extract
·splenda for sprinkling
How to Make "Sugar" Cookies (diabetic friendly)
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy.
- Add egg, stir in flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Form dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and flatten.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roll out dough, half at a time to ¼ inch thickness on lightly floured surface.
- Cut into shapes. Decorate, place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-9 minutes until slightly brown.
- Making powdered sugar out of Splenda
1 cup granulated Splenda
1 tsp cornstarch
Place the Splenda and the cornstarch in a mixer or food processor. Blend on high speed for approximately 1 minute, until the texture is similar to powdered sugar. You may need to scrape down the mixer or processor bowl several times in the process. Sugar can be stored in an airtight container for up to a month.