I have never really timed how long it takes from start to finish for the whole process. But it is well worth the time.
How to Make Sugar Cookies
- Cream butter and sugar together
- add eggs, oil and mix well
- mix flour, soda, cream of tarter. Mix well then add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla.
- Roll dough in small balls the size of walnuts.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Dip flat bottom glass in oil, then in sugar. Flatten each ball with glass. Dip glass in oil only once but in sugar for each ball. (I just give them a little tap and move on to the next one.)
- Bake in preheated oven 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until edges are barely turning golden.
Cool on wire racks. I put 2 dozen cookies on a cookie sheet. Makes about 6-7 dozen cookies.