1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspsalt
2 cbutter, softened
1 1/2 tsplemon extract (optional)
How to Make Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven at 350*
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cream shortening and sugar together.
- Blend in eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Blend in dry ingredients.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Make balls and roll in sugar.
Or.... You can also roll out and cut out shapes
If you are going to put icing on the cookies, do not roll them in sugar
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Baking time may vary depending on your oven
- Remove from baking sheet and cool
- Add icing if desired