★★★★★ 1 vote5
2eggs , well beaten
1/4 tspbaking soda
How to Make Sugar Cookies
- cream together shortening and sugar.
- Add beaten eggs and beat by hand with wooden spoon.
- Sift together remaining dry ingredients.
- Add Vinegar to the milk.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with sour milk mixing thoroughly with each addition.
- If wanting to use for cut-out cookies chill dough for 2 hours or more. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Then use flour lightly on surface and rolling pin. Roll out 1/8th to 1/4 inch thick. flour cutters and cut cookies. Place on greased cookie sheet, top with sugar etc. if not planning to frost. Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 3 75 degrees, until set and dough does not allow a finger imprint when lightly touched. Watch closely so they don't burn. Remove from pan to cool on rack
- When making into drop cookies first preheat oven to 375 degrees,and then drop by teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet allowing room for spreading dough.Top with sugar, etc. if not planning to frost. Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove from pan and cool on cooling rack .
- Frost and decorate if desired and store in airtight container.