Sugar Cookie bars
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cbutter/margarine, softened
8 ozcream cheese, softened in the tub
1 3/4 csugar
1/3 csour cream
1/2 tspalmond extract
3/4 tspbaking soda
1 1/4 tspbaking powder
·frosting and sprinkles and colored sugars for decorating.. (optional)
How to Make Sugar Cookie bars
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl with electric mixer, mix together the butter, cream cheese & shortening
- Add the eggs, sour cream, sugar, vanilla & almond extract, mix well until combined and smooth.
- In small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda & salt.
- Add slowly in 1/3's flour mixture, mixing with mixer after each addition.
- Spray a 1/2 sheet pan with nonstick spray. Place dough onto sprayed pan and with a rubber spatula spread cookie mixture to an even layer.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes. Start checking the cookies at 22 minutes, mine were puffed and the middle was just slightly underdone, so I cooked for a few more minutes and they ended up a light golden brown and the edges were golden and pulled away from the pan. Let cool completely.
- Frost with your favorite frosting.. Decorate with sprinkles & course colored sugars if desired. Cut into bars and serve.