★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cgranulated sugar
2/3 cjam, any flavor
2/3 cwalnut pieces
1 coats, quick cooking
How to Make Streussel Topped Ribbon Bars
- Line a 7 1/2 x 11 inch baking dish with foil, letting foil extend just a bit beyond edge of pan. Butter foil. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg. Stir in flour and salt. Pat 2/3 of dough in pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Spread partially cooked dough with jam.
- Mix nuts and oatmeal with remaining dough. Crumble evenly over jam. This won't completely cover the jam. Bake 35 more minutes.
- Cool thoroughly before carefully lifting bars out of pan and onto a cutting board. Cut into 24 pieces.