Strawberry Filled Oatmeal Bars
1/2 clight brown sugar - firmly packed
1/2 csalted butter - softened
1 call purpose flour
1/4 tspbaking soda
1 cold fashioned oats
3/4 cstrawberry jam
How to Make Strawberry Filled Oatmeal Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using cooking spray, grease one 9x9 inch pan. (You could also line with greased parchment paper.)
- In a mixer combine all ingredients except butter and strawberry jam until well combined.
- Mix in softened butter until you have a nice crumbly mixture.
- Press about 2/3 of the mixture (about 1 1/2 to 2 cups) into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Heat jam in the microwave (in a microwave safe dish) for about 20 seconds, then stir. This will make step seven MUCH easier.
- Spread the strawberry jam evenly over the top, allowing room for a small border of oats at the edge. (about 1/4 to 1/2 inch)
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.