STRAWBERRY ANGEL COOKIES
Recipe from Fritzi, the photo is my own.
116 ounce package pillsbury angel food cake
3/4cup smucker's strawberry low sugar preserves or sugar free is fine, too. (don't use full sugar preserves)
3tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
·pam cooking spray
How to Make STRAWBERRY ANGEL COOKIES
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees. Use parchment paper for easy cleanup, spray lightly with Pam.
- Beat together the cake mix and the preserves. DO NOT ADD WATER! Using the low speed on the hand mixer, beat for one minute until evenly moistened. It looks dry, but it isn't. Beat one more minute, then add the chocolate mini chips and stir with a wooden spoon until evenly distributed. Drop by rounded measuring tablespoons onto the parchment paper, 2 inches apart. (I sprayed my measuring spoon with Pam; the dough is sticky) Press 4 mini chips into each cookie before baking.
- bake 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overcook. Cool 1 minute on the baking sheet. Place on a cooling rack to cool completely. Cookies will be soft and chewy.
- Store between sheets of wax paper to keep from sticking together.
- WHAT TO EXPECT: My first instinct was to brown the cookies. If you do that, they will no longer be pink and they get hard and tough. This is angel food, and it should be soft and pillowy. So don't exceed the baking time. The reason for the "don't use full sugar preserves" is that it makes the recipe overly sweet. Enjoy!