STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM DESSERT SQUARES
Jo Anne Sugimoto
- pouch (1 lb. 1.5 oz.) betty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 c
- butter, unsalted
- 1 c
- white vanilla baking chips (6 oz.)
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese, softened (8 oz.)
- 4 c
- sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/3 c
- 10 to 12 drops of red food coloring (opt.)
How to Make STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM DESSERT SQUARES
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom only of a 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan or a 9 x 13-inch pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Press evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 2In a small microwavable bowl, microwave the baking chips uncovered on high for 45 - 60 seconds or until the chips are melted and can be stirred, till smooth.
- 3In a medium bowl. beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in melted chips until blended. Spread mixture over crust. Refrigerate while making the topping.
- 4In a small bowl, crush 1 cup of the strawberries. In a 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Stir in crushed strawberries and 1/3 cup water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture boils and thickens. Stir in the food coloring (optional). Cool for 10 minutes. Gently stir in remaining 3 cups of strawberries. Spoon topping over filling.
- 5Refrigerate for an hour or until it sets. Refrigerate the leftovers, covered.