Stir & Drop Oatmeal Cookies
Although the recipe calls for greasing the baking sheet, in 37 years of baking I have never done this for cookies - neither did my mom. The baking sheet can be covered with foil or parchment paper (very hard to find in my earlier years), and the cookies come off easily with a spatula.
1 tspbaking powder
1 cbrown sugar
1 crolled oats
1/4 cvegetable oil
3/4 cchopped nuts or coconut, optional
How to Make Stir & Drop Oatmeal Cookies
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease baking sheet.
- Stir flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and ginger together in bowl.
- Mix in sugar and oats.
- Mix in vegetable oil, milk, and egg.
- Add nuts or coconut if desired.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes.