Stained Glass Cookies
Tina Trippel Evangelho
How to Make Stained Glass Cookies
- Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover and chill 1 hour or longer.
- For stained glass. Put hard candy, such as jolly ranchers or life savers, in plastic bags. (separate the colors you are wanting to use.) Take a hammer or rolling pin and crush the candy inot little pieces.
- Preheat oven to 400* F. Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 - 1/2 inch in thickness. Cut into shapes. Cut middle of cookie to allow for candy.
- Place cookies on an ungreased foil lined cookie sheet. Fill middle cut outs with one or more color of candy pieces.
- Bake 6 - 8 minutes. Watch closely so they don't brown.
- Cool completely and they should remove easily from foil.