Spritz Cookie Recipe
1 1/2 cbutter, softened
1 cgranulated sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 tspalmond extract
4 call-purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
·my personal note: these are great with about 2 tsp. of fine lemon zest in the batter.
How to Make Spritz Cookie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly cream together butter and sugar. Add egg, milk, vanilla and almond extracts; beat well.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well to make a smooth dough.
- Do not chill! Place dough into cooking press and press cookies onto UNgreased cookie sheet.
Note: I find it easier to get the dough into the press if I roll it into a 'snake' in a narrow-enough dimension to just lower the 'snake' into the barrel of the cookie press, and then push the dough all the way down to the bottom.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 6 - 8 minutes. Remove cookies from sheet and cool on cooling rack.
- Makes 6 dozen cookies.