Spicy Brandy Choco Surprise
All of the other recipes for Rum Balls were just missing something-- ZING!
***I always try to cut down on the amount of sugar; hence the selection of sugar free chips.
How to Make Spicy Brandy Choco Surprise
- 1Crush the vanilla wafers in a food processor or use a gallon zip lock baggie and a can of soup to crush. I prefer this method; it relieves stress.
- 2Gently melt chips over low heat using a double boiler or a metal or glass bowl partially submerged in a water filled saucepan. Stir and monitor. Remove chocolate from heat when melted.
- 3Stir in sugar, corn syrup, brandy, and cayenne pepper. Then fold in wafer crumbs. Mix thoroughly. The result will look like sticky brownies.
- 4Here is where I like to do a shot of the brandy before I proceed, especially during the Holiday season.
Using a melon ball size scoop, drop one full scoop at a time into the confectioners' sugar. When coated, roll into a ball with your hands. (This keeps your hands from getting too sticky. If the mix is melting in your hands, wash them with cold water to lower the temperature of your skin.)
- 5NOTE: They taste better after one day. They taste amazing after two days. If they make it to days three or four, they are the bomb. Enjoy!