★★★★★ 1 vote5
3/4 cshortening, butter flavor
1 cwhite sugar
1/4 cdark molasses
2 call purpose flour
3/4 tspclove, ground
3/4 tspginger powder
1/2 tspnutmeg ( optional or pumpkin pie spice )
How to Make Spice Cookies
- Cream shortening, sugars together until creamy. add eggs and mix until thoroughly mixed, add molasses and mix well.
- Incorporate dry ingredients and slowly mix into wet ingredients.
- Form into walnut sized balls. Do either one of two options.
- Either roll balls in white sugar or press bottom of glass in sugar then onto cookies (I opt for 2nd most of the time)
- bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.